What is the best snowboard wax kit? My top pick is the Hertel Super Hot Sauce All Temperature Ski and Snowboard Wax.
Last update on 2020-08-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The best way to make sure that your snowboard lasts for a long time is to know how to care for it properly.
One of the things that you should not forget to do is wax your board. There are many products available on the market today, and finding the best snowboard wax kit can be a little confusing.
Don’t worry though, I’m here to help you out.
Reviews of the Best Snowboard and Ski Wax Kits
1. Hertel Super Hot Sauce Ski and Snowboard Wax
The Hertel Super Hot Sauce Wax can be used in all temperatures and it can also be used in different snow conditions all-year-round.
It comes in a huge 3/4 lb brick which means that there will be plenty left, even if you are waxing a very long or large snowboard. It can even be shared with you your family or friends.
It is very affordable so that you can save more for other stuff that you would like to buy for your snowboarding holiday.
- The microencapsulation in the formula enables it to be used on various temperatures without having to rely on the hardness of the wax
- The excess wax, after this is applied to your board, is easy to scrape off so that there is less buildup that could cause snags during a ride
- The formula enables it to be applied either hot or cold
- It is made of biodegradable products without PTFE, or fluorocarbon
- Available as a huge 3/4 lb. brick, which helps make sure you have plenty and enough for sharing
- You don’t need to spend too much on it because it is relatively cheap as compared to other brands
- Although it is an all-temperature wax, it tends to get sticky when the temperatures are low
2. ZUMWax RUB ON WAX
The wax that you ultimately choose for your snowboard or skis will in large part determine how well you are capable of performing on the slopes.
That is where the ZUMWax RUB ON WAX for skis/snowboards comes in.
This wax is designed to be a small tube of wax that you can conveniently use while on the go.
It has a cork buffer at the top to help spread or remove excess wax from your board. It contains 70 grams of product and can be used in all temperatures, although most find it challenging to do so.
This product is meant to provide your board with a quick boost, but the effects will only last for 2-3 runs.
- The wax is packaged on a push-up plastic container which you can hold to directly rub the wax onto the snowboard
- Comes with a cork buffer at the top so you can make sure that you remove any excess wax to avoid snags while riding
- The wax can be used with a wide range of temperature
- It comes in a convenient 70-gram size, which is why you can easily take it and use it when you need to
- The wax feels too hard that it doesn’t easily glide across the snowboard – a remedy would be to use a hairdryer on it before application, but you may not always have a hairdryer on hand so doing it before you leave should do the trick.
3. Hertel All Temperature Fast Wax
The Hertel All Temperature Fast Wax (5oz / 142 grams) is a great all-temperature wax that comes in a convenient size.
The patented microencapsulation technology enables the wax to be used in different temperatures and weather conditions so you won’t have to re-wax your snowboard when you change locations.
The 1-oz. bars are easy to handle while waxing the board through the hot or cold method. It is sold at a very affordable price so you won’t mind sharing it.
- It is easy to apply and you can do it by simply rubbing the bar onto your board (cold method) or by heating it up first (hot method)
- It comes as 5 bars of 1 oz. each, totaling 5 oz. of wax; the small pieces are great because it can help prevent over waxing, and it is also easier to share
- The price is more affordable than other branded snowboard waxes, but it is still capable of doing its job
- The wax melts at higher temperatures so it’s probably best to keep the wax in cooler temperatures
4. Zardoz NOTwax
Snowboarders love any kind of wax or similar product that helps their boards move faster.
While not considered a traditional wax by most, the Zardoz NOTwax with Pocket Puck Applicator is definitely something that any snowboarder is going to want to keep on hand.
It can be used in conjunction with more traditional hot waxes or it can be used as a standalone product. Either way, it works well enough that many individuals involved with racing choose to use it as one of their frontline products.
This product is also extremely easy to use, thanks in large part to its main ingredient, Teflon fluoropolymer, which is used in liquid form.
While this product is not advertised as a traditional wax, it is so well made that it is capable of letting you hit the slopes without using any wax at all, as long as you apply it beforehand.
If you really want to protect your equipment and enjoy faster times to boot, this is something that you should always have in stock and ready to use.
There are a lot of advantages to using this particular product, whether it is used with another wax or by itself.
- It’s a great alternative to traditional waxes
- It’s easy to apply
- This is an extremely effective product, even for racing
- It can be used in any type of snow, wet or dry
- Use it with other waxes to enhance its overall performance
- It can be used alone without traditional wax
- You can wax your board without the use of silicon
- It can be easily applied without making a mess
- This product is not toxic
- There are no fumes produced when you use it
- Doesn’t last as long as stated in most cases
5. Demon Hyper X Wax
The Demon Hyper X is a great wax for use at any temperature.
It applies quickly with both the cold and hot methods, although many find that it melts very quickly.
It comes in a 1.06 lb block and it is also scented.
The wax has been produced in Southern California since 1991. It has a simple plastic packaging but that doesn’t get in the way of using the product.
- It has a very appealing scent, which isn’t your usual melted wax scent. This makes it more enjoyable to wax your board, even if it is really a messy and tedious task
- The wax can be used for any temperature so you won’t need to use another when you ride on a colder or hotter terrain
- The effect of the wax lasts for a long time so you won’t have to re-wax every after a couple of runs – you can actually just wax once for the whole season and the snowboard does fine
- Comes in a 1.06 lb block that makes it easy to hold and maneuver while waxing
- The wax easily tends to melt, which can be a problem with inexperienced snowboarders because it is easy to over-apply wax on the board.
- It is also very likely to have an uneven coating – test the wax a few times so you can become familiar with the application of the wax
Best Way to Wax a Snowboard
Waxing your snowboard is important but if you haven’t done it before, it would be best to first get instructions rather than instantly dive into it.
Waxing your board can be done by various methods depending on the type of wax you get. There are two ways you can wax your board, namely the hot and cold methods.
With either of these methods, the first thing you have to do is to rest your board on a vise or a stack of books for support. It should be cleaned by using a rag and alcohol. Once cleaned, you can now proceed with either the hot or cold method.
For the hot method, you will need an iron to apply the wax. Any home iron will do as long as you only use it to wax your board so that your clothes wouldn’t have wax too.
Use the iron to melt the wax and let it drip over the board. You can also use the iron to even out the layer of wax over the board; just make sure not to let the iron stand on any part of the board for a long time or you risk burning your board.
Let the wax dry for at least 1-2 hours at room temperature. You will need a plastic scraper to remove the excess wax without scratching the board.
Removing excess wax is very important because it prevents your snowboard from snagging on the snow.
For the cold method, you simply rub the solid wax on the board evenly then buff it with a buffer to remove the excess wax.
My Choice for the Best Snowboard Wax Kit
I chose to review these products because they are easy to apply over a board or ski and they can be used in various temperatures.
That said, my pick for the best snowboard wax kit is the Hertel Super Hot Sauce All Temperature Ski and Snowboard Wax.
It smells nice and it can be applied to your board using the hot or cold method. You also don’t have to wax your snowboard repeatedly because one waxing can last for a whole season.
Top Rated Wax Kits
Last update on 2020-08-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-08-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API